Pumpkin tart (paleo)
Simply delicious, I had to try this recipe as soon as I saw it. Now I love it!
Is really easy to make, all what you’ll need to do is:
For the crust:
- 2 cups blanched, fine ground almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, softened or liquid
- 1/4 cup mild honey (like clover) or vegan alternative, (just if you want it to be sweet)
- 1 tablespoon GF vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
How to do it?
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a nice dough.
- Roll it out and put it in parchment paper
- Shape a circle and place it in a tart tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 F
Now for the NO BAKE filling:
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1.5 teaspoons gelatin
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice (or 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp nutmeg)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 13.5 oz can (full-fat) coconut milk
- 1 cup sultanas or dates (as a sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
How to do it?
- In a sauce pan combine gelatin, spices, sultanas and salt.
- Stir in the coconut milk and beaten eggs. Mix well and let stand for a couple of minutes, then place on medium-low heat stove top burner.
- Stir constantly with whisk for about 12 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Stir in pumpkin, mixing thoroughly, and pour mixture into the baked crust.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
I then decided that I wanted mine to be more cinnamon y so I spread some on top.