Paleo Banana muffins
There is so much to do in this diet, I feel Like I’ll never finish to discover all those little things that I can explore… One of the things that I love the most in life, is banana bread, I was a bit sad with the idea that now I wouldn’t be able to have any of it, but now I’ve tried this (paleo) recipe and I love it!
I’ve actually planned to do these for my lunch at school, but my family and I had to taste them before… and we involuntarily exceeded the tasting… and suddenly there were none left!
- 3 bananas (brown ones preferably)
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 C chopped walnuts
For the “frosting”
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tablespoon of raw honey (melted)
- 1 banana
- Preheat oven to 170 ˚ C
- Grease muffin trays
- Mash bananas, add coconut cream, coconut oil and eggs in food processor. Close lid and process until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, nuts baking soda and sea salt.
- Incorporate both dry and wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- With a ½ teaspoon, scoop batter and carefully fill in muffin trays.
- Place pans in the oven and bake fore 25-30 minutes.
- In the mean time, do the frosting… Mash the banana and beat in the other ingredients until soft and smooth
- once they are ready just let them cool a little and add the frosting.