Sweet potatoes are something that I can’t stop eating now… simply mashed, boiles, roasted, fried oh my god! I just love them.
Today we have decided to make them stuffed, our first idea was to fill dem with meat but since my younger sister is getting into the vegetarian diet, we decided to use something else.
These ones are purely stuffed with sautéed silverbeed, fried onion and sardines.
What we have done to make ‘the perfect stuffed kumara’ was simply:
- To wash the jumaras (we decided that we would like to eat the peel so it was very important to wash them well).
- Cut them in half.
- Bake at a temperature of 170˚c for 30 min.
- Prepare the silverbeet
- chop some onion and silverbeets.
- In a sauce pan, fry the onions until they are nice and gold.
- add the silverbeets and let them cook (it takes around 5-7 mins)
- add in the sardines and leave all of it there for about 3 mins (stirring every now and then)
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, let them cool (or at least get warm instead of burning hot!)
- Scoop out most of the filling but making sure that is still has some potato on it so it keeps the shape.
- Mix (or incorporate) the filling with the silverbeets
- pour evenly the filling back into the kumaras
- Bake for 15-20 min at 200˚c
- READY! enjoy with anything you want!
For this post I haven’t specified any quantities for the ingredients because I believe that it really depends on what you are looking for, also is not essential to be very accurate with the quantities because you can’t really fail preparing something like this, all I do tell you exactly are the temperatures an the baking times, because those ones do determine if your meal will be properly cooked or not, even so, I still can’t ensure that because every oven is different, anyway, I hope you give it a try and enjoy it!